When an application crashes on Windows it will normally generate a system error event which is recorded in the system event logs. In order to find the root cause of the crash it is very helpful to view the contents of this error log.
In order to locate the error log please proceed as follows:
1. Type "Event" in the search bar at the bottom left of your Windows desktop and then select Event Viewer from the list of apps.
2. In the left-hand column of the Event Viewer expand the "Windows Logs" section and then click on "Application"
3. After a while a list of events will appear in the middle pane of the app.
4. In the right-hand column of the Viewer select "Filter Current log"
5. In the dialog box tick the "Error" box. Then click OK.
6. In the middle pane of the app scroll down the list of errors until you find one where the date and time coincides with the time when the app last crashed, then click on it. This will display details of the error in the "General" tab lower down.
7. Copy the text from the "General" tab and paste it into your support ticket.
8. Alternatively right-click on the highlighted "Error" entry in the upper pane and select "Save Selected Events" as shown below, then follow the prompts to save the event log to your PC. The .evtx file can then be attached to your support ticket.