Identify processes which are holding a USB port open
Download and install the STU HID Diagnostic Tool
Download and install either of:
Open up a command prompt and type: hidinfo kernel
Locate the STU tablet in the list (the line will begin "056a.00a....").
Take a note of the text inside the quotes of the statement "kernel=..." (for example "\Device\0000006b")
Determine processes that have that tablet open using one of the following methods:
Using handle.exe (command line):
- Open up an elevated command prompt and type:
- handle -a "???" (where "???" is the device name that you tooke note of above, e.g. handle -a "\Device\0000006b")
- This will return a list of processes which have a handle open on the tablet
Using "Process Explorer":
- Open up Process Explorer with elevated rights.
- Select the menu item, "Find" -> "Find Handle or DLL".
- Enter the text you took a note of (without quotes) into the box and press the search button.
- This will return a list of processes that have a handle to the tablet.