Images seem slow to display
Images uploaded to the STU device are slow to appear on the display.
There are various factors which affect the upload speed of images to STU pads. Slowness is more likely to be noticed with the colour devices e.g. the 520 and 530.
The following factors should be considered:
- With the STU 520 and 530 the tablet driver may be needed - please refer to the STU Driver Download Page
- Upload speed can be affected by the size of the image so try to ensure your image file size is as small as possible for your purposes
- Colour images tend to be significantly larger in size than monochrome ones - where possible use monochrome if colour is not necessary
- The encoding mode used to encode the image can affect the upload time quite significantly - please see any of the SDK samples for further details
- If your STU pad is not connected locally but via Remote Desktop or a thin client configuration please consider that network issues may be a factor
- If using the 430 or 530 with the STU SDK try to avoid refreshing the whole pad display at once by using writeImageArea() instead of writeImage() as this can dramatically improve refresh speeds
- If encryption is not required between the pad and the PC (this may well be the case where pads are connected locally to the PC) then try capturing the pen data without encryption