Samples do not work in Firefox because of an insecure connection
Firefox reports 'Your connection is not secure'
Verified in Firefox Quantum (version 61).
STU SigCaptX requires access to https://localhost:9000 by default. It is possible to configure a different port number, but this doesn't cure the problem described below.
Firefox considers the attempted connection to localhost to be a security breach and refuses to allow it.
In order to remedy this it is necessary to add a security exception to Firefox as described below.
- Navigate to https://localhost:9000 in the Firefox browser.
- An error message should appear saying that the connection is not secure because the owner of localhost has not configured their Web site properly (see below).
- Click on the button labelled "Add Exception..." at the bottom of the error page.
- When the "Add Security Exception" dialogue box appears it should be auto-populated with the localhost port number so click on the "Confirm Security Exception" button at the bottom of the window (see below right).
- Close and restart Firefox.