STU Display detects one or more connected STU devices and displays a slideshow of the image files found in the related images folder.
Additional image files can be added to the folder and these will be added to the slideshow.
Similarly, files deleted from the folder will no longer be included in the slideshow.
The Wacom STU Display control panel changes the way the slideshow operates.
First press <Change> to allow the Control Panel to operate. Then the following changes can be made:
- Change image every N seconds.
- Disable slideshow
- Image folder location
- Image layout:
- Size: e.g. Best fit
- Border: e.g. Auto
- Position: e.g. middle
- Download and run the installer Wacom-STU-Display.exe using the link below on your Windows 32-bit or 64-bit system.
- Use the<Options>button to deselect automatic installation of the STU tablet driver if it is not required. (The driver is normally only required for the colour STUs but can be installed for future use).
- The application is installed as a Windows Service and is independent of other Wacom SDK and sign pro PDF products.
- Wacom STU Display is created in the Control Panel to provide control. Separate folders are created for STU image files prepared for different size STU models.
Display a slideshow on an STU series signature pad
While an STU series signature pad is not being used for signature capture it could be used to display information.
One solution is to use the license-free STU Display application which can be installed alongside a Signature SDK application:
|Item Description||Download Link|
|STU Display Windows Installer||Wacom-STU-Display-2.0.exe|
|STU Display Administrator's Guide||Administrator-Guide-to-Wacom-STU-Display.pdf|
Full installation details are in the Administrator's Guide referenced above.
Please note that the STU-540 has been introduced since the above Administrator's Guide was written.
It is also supported but requires some extra manual configuration as below:
1. Go to C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Wacom STU Display and create an additional subfolder called "STU540".
2. Open the Wacom STU Display Control Panel and and click on the STU-540 tab as shown below:
3. Uncheck the "Use generic settings" checkbox.
4. In the "Folder" field enter the path name of the folder created in step 1 above:
5. Make sure that the slideshow is not disabled - the "Disable slideshow" checkbox should be unchecked as shown above.
6. In some circumstances it may also be necessary to create the registry entry as shown below.