Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device
- Wacom tablet driver has been installed on the PC
- The appropriate graphics driver (MCT or DisplayLink) has been installed
- Wacom Tablet Properties displays an error "Your device is not connected to your computer"
- Device Manager reports error 52: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device"
- Windows Update KB 3153171 has been installed or is not appropriate for the computer
It is very likely that the computer does not have the necessary SHA-2 driver signature support. This was distributed through Windows updates, and the customer can review their installed updates to see if it's installed.
SHA-2 driver signatures are required for all new hardware drivers produced after October 2014. SHA-2 driver signatures are native to Windows 8 and Windows 10, but not to Windows 7.
Without the necessary update, Windows 7 will believe that a driver signed with SHA-2 is invalid, as it will not recognize the signature.
More information on this can be found in Microsoft's Support articles for the associated KB updates here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/security-updates/securityadvisories/2015/3033929