When trying to sign a document the following error message may appear:
Signing failed No capture service available. Unable to find a functioning digitizing tablet or any other device for capturing signatures.
Ensure that a signature device is connected to the local PC, i.e. the computer on which sign pro PDF has been installed.
- If using an STU device (e.g. a 430 or 540) then make sure that the STU driver is installed.
- If using a DTU or similar Wacom pen display tablet the Wacom tablet driver must be installed.
- If using a Wacom-supported touch-screen device the Wacom Feel Driver must be installed.
- If using a device which is not operated using Wacom hardware such as a touch-screen digitizer or pen then a special RTS licence for sign pro PDF must be obtained from Wacom Sales.
If sign pro PDF is being accessed on a remote server via RDP then third-party USB forwarding software must be used to forward the pen data over the network - the only way round this is to use a signature pad which operates serially - there are two possibilities:
- STU-540 (which can be switched into serial mode)