When trying to sign a document the following error message may appear:
Signing failed No capture service available. Unable to find a functioning digitizing tablet or any other device for capturing signatures.
Ensure that a signature device is connected to the local PC, i.e. the computer on which sign pro PDF has been installed.
- If using an STU device (e.g. a 430 or 540) then make sure that the STU driver is installed.
- If using a DTU or similar Wacom pen display tablet the Wacom tablet driver must be installed. On some PCs we have found that it is also necessary to install the DisplayLink Graphics Driver.
- If using a Wacom-supported touch-screen device the Wacom Feel Driver must be installed.
- Some touch-screen devices manufactured by OEMs do not use Wacom digitizers and as a result are not compatible with any Wacom driver. In these cases a special RTS licence for sign pro PDF must be obtained from Wacom Sales. If you don't have the contact details for your regional Wacom Account Manage please use this form.
If sign pro PDF is being accessed on a remote server via RDP then third-party USB forwarding software must be used to forward the pen data over the network - the only way round this is to use a signature pad which operates serially - there are two possibilities:
- STU-430V (please note that this is no longer in production and may be difficult to obtain)
- STU-540 (which can be switched into serial mode)