Signature SDK Service not detected
In order to identify the exact source of the problem please run through the following in the order given:
- The Signature SDK and its SigCaptX component must be installed. They can either be installed separately using their individual installers or alternatively the combined SigCaptX installer will install both.
The installers are all included in the Signature SDK download file which is available under "For signature" at https://developer.wacom.com/developer-dashboard/downloads
Once extracted the directory created contains three sub-folders as follows (note that the exact file names will vary according to the current release):
|documentation||API reference manual plus installation and user guides|
|SigCaptX||Wacom-SigCaptX-1.21.2.exe: combined installer for the SDK and cross-browser. Wacom-Signature-SDK-SigCaptX-1.21.2.msi: MSI installer for the SigCaptX cross-browser alone|
|SignatureSDK||Wacom-Signature-SDK-x86-4.5.1.msi: MSI installer for the 32-bit Signature SDK. Wacom-Signature-SDK-x64-4.5.1.msi: MSI installer for the 64-bit Signature SDK|
- SigCaptX must be installed after any browsers which you wish to use it with - if you installed any browsers after SigCaptX please uninstall and reinstall SigCaptX.
- Run PenData.exe to check that the tablet is connected and responding to pen input - PenData is one of our STU Utilities
- Run TestSDKCapture.html from the Signature Library - Windows - Samples.
- Make sure that the "Wacom SigCaptX" service is running in Windows Services. If it does not appear please try re-installing SigCaptX from the installation program.
- Run PortCheck.html from the Signature Library SigCaptX Samples to see if it detects the SigCaptX service
- If all the above are successful then try running the SigCaptX SigCaptX-Capture.html sample program to see if you can capture a signature
- If you still cannot capture a signature please see the FAQ on Handing Port Conflicts
Please report any errors by raising a Support Ticket.