How do I sign on a tablet not branded as Wacom such as Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop?
This note applies to products which use integrated Wacom tablet hardware with a Wacom ISD driver.
One such example is the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga series.
To use the Lenovo Yoga series laptop with integrated pen display, e.g. 460 or X380, you will need to upgrade the following drivers if your versions are older than those indicated:
- Wacom Signature SDK (v4.3.1)
- Wacom Tablet Driver (v7.6-22.17.37)
With older versions of the Tablet driver you may have experienced pen misalignment, or no pen input at all.
First upgrade the Wacom Signature SDK components used by sign pro PDF:
- Download the Wacom Signature SDK (v4.3.1 or later) and locate the 32-bit installer e.g. Wacom-Signature-SDK-x86-4.3.1.msi
- Run the downloaded .msi, accepting the defaults prompted during installation
Next upgrade the Wacom Tablet driver:
- Download the Wacom Tablet driver (v7.6-22.17.37 or later) e.g. Wacom_Components_7.6-22.17.37_win_32_64.exe
- Run the downloaded .exe, accepting the defaults prompted during installation
- Restart the laptop
On completion you can test signature capture directly in sign pro PDF by selecting Help…Tablet Diagnostics
Pen Input misaligned in signature capture
If the pen is still misaligned it may be necessary to remove previous tablet driver settings. To do this follow the procedure:
- Uninstall Wacom Pen and Wacom Pen Services
- Reboot the laptop
- Re-install the Wacom Tablet Driver (7.6-22.17.37 or later)
No Pen Input
Previous attempts to make the pen work with sign pro PDF may have included new registry settings. They should be removed using Windows Registry Editor regedit.
The following is a complete list of expected values created by the sign pro PDF installer. Any other values will need to be removed (or renamed):